David and I decided to boycott Valentines Day. There are a lot more things that he does that I find special, then a day when he feels he should buy me something because it suppose to be this "LOVE" holiday. So I sent him a little text a week or so before Valentines that read:
In the spirit of rebellion against the corporate co-opting of the greatest of human emotions, let us refuse to participate in the prescribed, cliched trappings of this thing called "Valentines Day".
...of course Dave was fine with it, but then I remembered I had a card that I saved from last year, that I unfortunately forgot to give, so I said maybe I will give you a card. So Valentines came he had said he bought me a card too, but we both forget to give them to one another. So I guess we will have to try next year. Maybe it will be our little thing to forget to give each other a Valentines card and we will keep these we have forever and on our 50th anniversary maybe we could give them to each other... oh that is cute.
So anyway, back to boycotting. Valentines we got a phone call from Roby and Zach asking if we wanted to go to Blue Man Group. I acquiescently denied their request, I really wanted to use that money to pay off a credit card. But... Zach called back and talked to Dave and my husband, being the softy he is, told him" oh we probably will, let me talk to Meagan." So I guess those two were sick of waiting and then I got a text from Roby that said "We are buying the tickets, you guys can pay us when you get to the house" So....I guess we were going. It was pretty funny and I am really glad we went it was AWESOME....I would recommend it to everyone. We bought the seats that were $90/person, but I would pay the $135/person to sit on the lowest level. It was really amazing. Thanks Roby and Zach for making the decision for us.
*please make note that seeing Blue Man Group was not to celebrate Valentines, but it just happened to be on Valentines. mmm-k
Rhett’s new Pw
7 years ago

2 comments:
Thank you for the old update. Tired of checking your blog and seeing the same thing over and over and over again again again and again. haha
Thanks! It's great to hear from ya! We sure do need to go out again. Not sure about bowling...I kinda suck at that, but maybe we could try it. Let us know when you have a free night.
Post a Comment