Friday, January 30, 2009

My life has lost ALL purpose

So for those of you that know me well...you already know that I love Interior Design. I am not much of a TV fan, but you get me in front of the TV with HGTV and I will let the day fade away. My house has stacks of design magazines and several design books scattered about. So if you haven't heard this is the reason why my life feels like it should cease to exist. My beloved Domino magazine is closing up shop (or website and magazine if you will) You can read all about it here. So I will be in mourning...indeffinately.


However, on a lighter note...my husband knows me really well, let me relay our telephone conversation on Domino closing:

me: My life is over

hubby: What, is Domino closing?

me: How did you know?

hubby: No, really what is wrong?

me: Really, domino is closing...it has just been announced that they are closing and March will be there final issue.

hubby: Man, am I good! That was just a guess, but I new it couldn't be something serious. But I just bought you a subscription for Christmas.

me: well the subscription came with the book

hubby: ya, but that was a $10 value

I think he lost the point toward the end of the conversation, but you see the point, either he knows me really well, or Domino has played a bigger part in my life than I had thought....hence why am so sad, almost too sad to swing!

8 comments:

Dave and Kelsee said...

I am so sorry for you. That is sad but I have to admit that I laughed a bit while reading your phone conversation. (So typical of guys!) We do need to get together and do dinner one of these days!

Jeremy and Laura said...

Thanks... We don't have a plan for the superbowl. What are you guys doing?

Bruce and Amber said...

hey meagan
I am so sorry , I am such HGTV and DIY junky. I get the best ideas for my house. i am glad to see you guys are doing well.

Anonymous said...

that is quite hilarious that he guessed it!! and so very sad that a great design company is going under :( i adore interior design as well!!! i can't do much with my place, but i'm doing what i can!! haha

The Crump Family Chronicles said...

Thanks for the good morning laugh.

Jeremy and Laura said...

You are so nice. I just might take you up on that offer. It is so hard finding people you trust that are willing to babysit. We should get together and go out again.

Helena said...

Hey girl i was just giving you crap, i know how that is, i came down there and didnt make it by to see you guys!!! LOL.. anyways we miss you guys and well have to get together some time soon..at least befor i pop out #9 LOL thanks for remebering all the birhdays you guys are awesome, i dont know how David got so lucky..

Holly Hoffman Spears said...

hey meagan!

thanks for the comment. sorry it took me a while to get back!

so, i never got to see your wedding pictures... how freaking awesome did you look!? i mean, dave is cute too, but seriously, you were gorgeous.... so grace kelly. i loved all the photos.

keep in touch. you guys are welcome here anytime!